Monday, August 23, 2010

As terrifying as terror is

Recently the situation in my city is not doing well concerning safety. I don't understand what's the point of this useless "war", i don't even know if it is actually a war, but whatever this is, is scaring the hell out of everybody.
Monterrey used to be a "safe" city, I mean, we could go out at night and stay out 'till late and never be worried about how dangerous it can be, and now it's as simple as: if you don't have to go out, then don't, at any time of the day. There's this things called "Narco Bloqueos" it's like drug lords making a barricade in the streets and not letting anyone through 'till they give up their cars to them, and they just walk around with guns on their hands, 17 years old kids! For Christ sake, this is Monterrey's next generation we're talking about! It really makes me sad to see kids involved with the whole drug dealers and this war. 
Recently the terror has spread all over the state, San Pedro used to be the safest place to be, that's where I live, but surprise! This weekend we had 2 shootings, so basically nobody's safe and I really don't get the point of terrorizing the people, worried parents can never be at peace, I don't even go out because I don't want to worry my mother, and to be honest I'm kind of freaked out myself. 
Fortunately for me I do have a plan, I always have a plan, and it's not to run away but to stay safe and make my own life, start over, in New York City! Let's see how that goes. New York have always been my dream and now it seems even more right to be there and not here, I'll let you know if everything goes as planned! In the meanwhile I'll be writing more from this crappy city. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment